Seriously, there was everything dead (and undead) down there. Ghosts. Vampires. Mummies. Zombies. Sometimes, there were Vampires who could summon Zombies. Why do we even have dungeons that deep?
Other than the occasional undead issue, I spent my time handling monsters like:
Shooting magical fireballs at goblins, jakals, imps, and minotaurs like:
And really enjoying the intrinsical motivation of this game. FATE blends really well, what Deterding, Dixon, Khaled & Nacke label "ludus" and "paidia", essentially the ability to play and have game-oriented goals. If I want quests, they're mine. If I want to just play around in the dungeon levels, I can. Both options are there and make for a great time. Kohn, as mentioned in Nicholason's writing, says that choosing your own "fate" (ha, see what I did there?) leads to better results than external rewards for fostering motivation. FATE really proves that this is the case.
However, there was one problem I encountered in my play. I've attained a high level, and got some special armor and trinkets that allow me to find magical items that are worth a lot of money. But suddenly an unforseen problem arose: getting a frequently full inventory. This is all the space I have (my pet also can carry items)
Which seems like a lot of space right? Except big items fill up your inventory fast,
And nothing is worse than finding yourself in a heavily guarded treasure room (which each dungeon has) and trying to pick up items while fighting off the hordes and all of a sudden hearing "Inventory full!"
Me: "HOW IS IT FULL??????!!!!!!!"
Game-interaction is a huge part of FATE, and I am still trying to figure out this aspect of it!




No comments:
Post a Comment